Monday, July 20, 2009

Historicon 2009 Part 1-Loot!

My son and I returned from Historicon on Saturday and what a blast it was! Wow- overwhelmed with wargaming goodness! I will detail the experience in multiple posts but let me start with the "shopping trip" and loot I purchased at the exhibition center(dealer room). As you can see below, for four days, the Lanaster Host(PA) exhibition building is turned into the largest hobby shop in the world! This giant room contained over 83 dealers, not including thewarstore.com(my favorite) and the Hobby Bunker which were in an adjoining annex.

Here is a quick shot of some of my loot from the convention.

And a quick list of some of the things pictured...
-Warhammer 40K Tau Skyray Gunship
-Warhammer 40K Tau Broadside Battlesuit
-Warhammer 40K Necron Heavy Destroyer
-Warhammer 40K Necron Destroyer Lord
-Pegasus Hobbies Gothich Style Ruins(Terrain Kit)
-Sojers 20mm WWII German Snipers
-Sojers 20mm WWII German Officers
-Sojers 20mm WWII US 30cal MG and Crew
-Platoon20 20mm WWII Partisans(very useful!)
-Platoon20 20mm WWII Fallschirmjager HMG's with crews
-Litko Aerosystems MULTIPLE packs of 3-d game counters
-3 sets Chessex Dice
-8 Flexible Tape Measures
-2 "Army Painter" Paint Brushes
-1 Plastic Clipper

The dealers there great- they were more than willing to educate you on their product, demo a new game, and treat you like they really appreciated your business. The guy from Thoroughbred Models(makers of the Sojers minis) told me to choose a third pack for free when I bought two. The people from the Warstore totalled my items at $104, but said "ahh, $100 will be fine"- keep in mind, they already discount Games Workshop stuff 20% off MSRP. Someone from Litko Aerosystems told me if I had any suggestions for useful tokens to please send them in.

My next post I will discuss the convention in general and what you can expect as a visitor.

No comments:

Post a Comment