Saturday, November 27, 2010

Figure Feature: Butcher of Khardov and Wardog

Sorry it's been so long since posting- a lot going on!  That being said, I'm back(with a vengeance) to terrain-making and mini-painting for Warmachine!  Yes, I have the pictures(and soon more vids) to prove it!

First up is the Butcher of Khardov(I always want to say "Kharkov" after the famous WWII battle!).





























I think I've almost shed my rustiness after months off from painting and I'm pretty happy with how he turned out.  Usually I don't do "gore" on a figure but a figure named "Butcher" screamed for a little blood in my opinion.  I look forward to taking this Khadorian Warcaster into battle, especially because of his earth-shaking "Obliteration" spell.

Next up is the Khadorian War Dog...
The greatest challenge for the Wardog was trying to get the coloration of the fur correct- again, I'm pretty happy with the result.  I used some photos of Bull Mastiffs as a reference.  At first I thought of having him jumping over a fence, but I used a watch part gear instead(on the base).  I've been wanting to field this solo figure for a while now to support my Khadorian 'casters...now I can!

Finally, here's the two figures together.  For both I chose a Thornwood Green/Khador Red armor combination(such as seen on the Kodiak in the Forces of Warmachine book)- I just like the way the colors look together. 
If you are curious about how I made the "snow" from easily available materials watch the video below...

2 comments:

  1. Good to see you back dude :)

    nice work on the Butcher and his faithful friend

    Lofty

    ReplyDelete
  2. a few things:

    the red gore looks really nice. not overdone but menacing.

    the pelt really pops. i think it looks really great.

    at first glace i didnt think twice about the dog, but a closer look (followed by the video) reveals the time you spent on the fur. i feel like the focus gets drawn towards the armor unfortunately, but what can you do? he looks really nice.

    anyways, welcome back. I'm looking forward to future updates.

    ReplyDelete