Saturday, February 20, 2010

Dannon Blythe and Bull



These scuplts(which neither my painting or photos do justice) are the reason I LOVE Privateer Press! Warmachine figures ooze attitude- and the Mercenaries Dannon Blythe and her trollblood companion, Bull, are no exception. These two bounty hunters have a variety of great abilities including "Prey" where they can basically pick a particular enemy model to pick on throughout the game. Also, Bull's powerful gun "Demolisher" provides an excellent ranged attack. When teamed together in play, they basically buff each other and achieve some very intimidating bonus moves. For more details on their abilities, see their Battle College report.

As far as painting goes, I didn't stray too far from the schemes shown at the Privateer Press website. I did deviate with Dannon a little bit, giving her vibrant colors for her top and overcoat. I thought she should appear rustic enough to look the part of paid killer, but bright enough to still have a feminine allure. Bull is my first ever Trollblood painting attempt so I was a bit worried that his flesh wouldn't come out right- I'm fairly happy with the result.

No comments:

Post a Comment