Monday, July 25, 2011

Figure Feature: The Great Bears

Well as veteran WM/H painters know, painting up units can be a bit monotonous...but then there are "character units" that are usually a pleasure to work on; such is the case with the Great Bears of Gallowswood.  Let's start with the great lore for these guys...the survivors of a decimated Iron Fang Company, they have served in all the key battles of the Khadoran Empire.
(click on pictures for larger images)
 Painting these guys was a lot of fun...especially the armor and bear pelts.  I am still trying to improve on my Khador Red...still not perfected but I'm getting better(I pretty much used the Forces book method for my approach).
The snow effect was my usual concoction of 1 part baking soda, 1 part white glue & 1 part white paint.  

No comments:

Post a Comment